The latest point release for Modo has just been announced by Chaosgroup. If you are a Modo user then there are a lot of new features that you can start to try out and use right away, so go get it – an interesting new feature is the alSurface material which is currently experimental.
- Support for MODO 10.2v1
- Added a command that consolidates all V-Ray assets (like .vrmesh files) into the same directory as the .lxo scene. The command can be found in the V-Ray Menu.
- Added a command to re-link V-Ray assets. The command can be found in the V-Ray Menu.
- Added Render Mask
- Added V-Ray Aerial perspective
- Added V-Ray alSurface material (experimental)
- Animation on the channels of procedural meshes – Gear, Rock, emReader, etc will now be detected
- Support for the Allow deformations option in the Mesh Instance item
- Added blend angle and horizon offset options to the V-Ray Sun/Sky package
- Added photon/caustics emission options to Dome and EIS lights
- Unity/Unreal Material: Added support for rounded edges. The previous material in the shader tree with these properties is used!
- Fixed the Slope and Slope(Undisplaced) inputs of the gradient texture to match the MODO renderer
- Added options to specify multiple frame ranges, when rendering an animation. The options are added to the Render item, as well as the Render animation with V-Ray and Render with V-Ray Standalone commands
- Support for rendering all passes from a render pass group. The option is added to the Render with V-Ray and Render animation with V-Ray commands
- Added options to the Render with V-Ray and Render animation with V-Ray commands to specify the output image file
- Added the ability to abort writing to a .vrscene file
- Sped-up the writing of the .vrscene file for DR/Standalone by reducing the level of compression that is used; .vrscene size expected to be ~3% bigger, while the time to write the .vrscene is reduced by up to 3 times
- V-Ray can now use more than one processor group in Windows multiprocessor configurations
Render with V-Ray Standalone
- Added an option to only export the .vrscene and .bat/.command files without starting V-Ray Standalone
- The Light Select element now works with probabilistic lighting
- Added the ability to specify commands to be executed at various stages of V-Ray rendering. The commands are specified in a new V-Ray roll-out in the Frame tab of MODO’s Render item. Only the pre-translate command is called in RT or when a .vrscene file is exported
- Ability to specify negative dynamic memory limit. Also changed the default to 0 (no limit)
- Added an option to tell V-Ray for MODO that a Replicator is not animated. The option is called This Replicator is Animated in the V-Ray Motion Samples package
- Support for rounded edges
- Added a button for starting RT GPU in the V-Ray Toolbar. Hold Ctrl and click on the Start RT button or right-click on it and choose RT GPU from the popup.
- Changing the channels of procedural meshes – Gear, Rock, emReader, etc is now properly updated during RT
V-Ray Geometry Properties
- The adaptive curve tessellation options will now affect hair generated by MODO’s Fur Material on the mesh item with the V-Ray Geometry Properties
- Added the Min pixel width option for mesh curves and hair generated from MODO’s Fur Material
- Added a popup in the Material Ref and Texture Layers tabs that converts selected MODO materials to one of the V-Ray material types
- Added an option to disable material/part/selection tag reporting to MODO. The option’s label is Report all tags to MODO (slower viewport). Read tool-tip for more info.
- Added the ability to re-link the paths to missing external files (like images) referenced by the .vrscene
“I don’t need anybody’s vray. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s vray. I’m using my own vray. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really hot, I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way, I’m not even saying that in a braggadocios … that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country.”Donald Trump
Share this Post