You are going to need to learn how to import your own textures – whether they are ones you have created or ones from a texture library – into Unreal Engine 4 correctly. To reduce draw calls from the engine you should ideally made an instanced material from this using parameters so that you have the ability to use multiple variations of your material with different specularity, normal strength or any other parameter based changes that may need to different over multiple similar yet different materials (think different colored tiles for example in different areas of a level).
- In this video lesson Blue will show you how to;
- Import a custom texture set into Quixel Megascans
- Create a layered detailed surface
- Import materials into UE4 as masked not RGB
- Build your material using parameters, tessellation and levels
- Create multiple instanced materials from the created materia
Share this Post