3ds Max Crux War Walker Tutorial
WELCOME to the Crux, a bipedal war walker robot with pilot that will teach you essential hard surface skills from modelling for animation through to rigging, cloth simulations and much more. Have a check below to see some of the great things that this set covers!
- Mechanical Modelling (poly by poly, SubD, high detail SubD,
- surfacing using splines, over detailing and more),
- Organic Modelling (SubD, edge loops, poly by poly, etc),
- Mechanical Rigging,
- Mechanical Animation,
- Procedural Animation, Secondary Motion, Walking, Starting walking, Stopping, Turning and Posing.
- Organic rigging using Biped,
- posing in biped,
- organic fast hand rigging using primitives.
- FK, IK, HI solvers,
- Final Gather, HDR, Rendering Techniques,
- Simple Materials, Complex Mental Ray Materials,
- Use of the Arch and Design Material in MR, ink and paint shader.
- Particles, Pflow, making explosions, making cruise missile trails,
- project management, use of the layer manager, cloth,
- lots lots lots lots more.
The level of Difficulty: Split levels of difficulty – newer users of 3ds Max will find the start of the set a good warm up exercise getting used to the overall workflow – nothing is missed and the average new user familiar with the interface should have no problem in getting straight into the project.
More advanced users will find the appendices useful for rendering ideas, particle flow tips and advice as well as the use of layer tools and of course the organic modelling section where not only are you making the head and hands but also going about construction of complex soft items such as shoes, pants and shirt to building the hanging banners on CRUX’s back with dynamic animation using the Cloth> Garment Maker solvers.
All in all there is something for everyone in the most awesome set that 3d-palace has produced yet!
The number of Downloadable DVDs in the set : Disk 1 – Pilot and Appendixes, Disk 2 – Weapon and more appendixes.
Included in the DVD version of the set are all the videos with an easy to navigate menu system, all of the HDR files, the scene files, reference images, special image planes image planes, all the WIP images from the creation of the set and more.